Effective Date: April 1, 2020
Welcome to CodeNOW
Stratox Cloud Native, s.r.o. as the owner (collectively “Stratox”, “we” and “us”) respect your privacy. We offer a platform CodeNOW that enables us to run businesses.
- Information we collect
- How we use the information we collect
- Disclosing Your Personal Information
- How is the information protected
- Data retention
- Personalised marketing
- Your rights
- How to Contact Us
1. Information we collect
- Registration information; You need a CodeNOW account before you can use the Service. When you register for an account, we collect your first and last name, username, password and email address. If you choose to register by using a third-party account (such as your Google account, Facebook account or similar service), please see “Information from third parties” below;
- Billing information; If you make a payment to CodeNOW, we require you to provide your billing details, a name, address, email address and financial information corresponding to your selected method of payment (e.g. a credit card number and expiration date or a bank account number). If you provide a billing address, we will regard that as the location of the account holder to determine which CodeNOW entity with whom you contract and the sales tax, if applicable, to be applied to your purchase.
- Account settings; You can set various preferences and personal details on pages like your account settings page (or in your account settings page for our other products as applicable). For example, your default language, time zone and communication preferences (e.g. opting in or out of receiving marketing communications from CodeNOW)
- User / Collaborator’s information: If you invite another person to a CodeNOW Platform account or project, we will ask you for the name and email address of that person. We will automatically send that person an invitation email to visit the CodeNOW Site, to create an account or join your project. CodeNOW stores this information for the sole purpose of sending this email and tracking the success of our referral program.
- Information specifically provided by you; You might provide us with your contact information, whether through use of our Service, a form on our website, an interaction with our sales or customer support team, or a response to one of CodeNOW’s surveys. It included for example, but not only: name and surname, telephone number, email address, physical address, login username, password, or other information that you voluntarily share with us.
- Usage information; We collect usage information about you whenever you interact with our Services. It includes for example, but not only: which webpages you visit, what you click on, when you perform those actions, what language preference you have, what you bought, your device, IP address, browser information, cookie information, geographic location, and traffic data.
- Device and browser data; We collect information from the device and application you use to access our Service. Device data mainly means your IP address, operating system version, device type, device ID/MAC address, system and performance information, and browser type. If you are on a mobile device we also collect the UUID for that device;
- Cookies; We use first-party and third-party cookies and tracking services that employ cookies and page tags (also known as web beacons) to collect data about visitors to our websites. This data includes usage and user statistics. Emails sent by CodeNOW or by users through our Service also include page tags that allow the sender to collect information about who opened those emails and clicked on links in them.
- Log Data; Like most websites today, our web servers keep log files that record data each time a device accesses those servers. The log files contain data about the nature of each access, including originating IP addresses, internet service providers, the files viewed on our site (e.g., HTML pages, graphics, etc.), operating system versions, device type and timestamps;
- Referral information; If you arrive at a CodeNOW website from an external source (such as a link on another website or in an email), we record information about the source that referred you to us;
- Information from third parties and integration partners; We may receive your personal information from third-party providers, that you decided to use in connection with our Service.
2. How we use the information we collect
We may use the personal data we collect and receive for the following purposes:
2.1 To create an account for your use of the website and CodeNOW;
2.2 To provide CodeNOW, including support;
2.3 To analyse how the website is used, such as which pages are visited, how long are pages used, and the paths taken by visitors to our website as they are moving from page to page;
2.4 To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service;
2.5 To verify compliance with applicable legal requirements and our policies;
2.6 To contact you, such as by sending personalised emails, about our products and services, including about CodeNOW or to send you the newsletter, unless you have opted not to receive such information;
2.7 To provide information to you that you request from us relating to our Service;
2.8 To provide information to you related to products or services provided by us
2.9 To inform you of any changes, offers, updates or other announcements about our Service;
2.10 To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so;
2.11 To monitor the usage of our Service;
2.12 To detect, prevent, and address technical issues.
We process personal data because this is necessary for the performance of the contract between you and us, for our compliance with our legal obligations and the purpose of our legitimate interests. In particular, our legitimate interests are our commercial company interest (e.g. to improve our Service), our interest to make use of direct marketing, our interest to prevent fraud and our obligation to report possible criminal acts or threats to competent authorities. Some of the personal data that we process is required for us to meet our legal obligations.
3. Disclosing Your Personal Information
- Consent; We may disclose personal information if we have your specific consent to do so.
- Co-sponsored activities; We may share your registration information with the company, that is aco-sponsor of an activity that you have joined.
- Third-party services: We use trusted third-party service providers, consultants and other agents to help us provide, maintain, protect and improve our Service. We may provide your personal information to such third-party service providers to perform certain tasks based on our instructions and in compliance with this.
- Legal; We will share personal information if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation, or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to comply with a legal obligation, to meet applicable law, regulation, legal process, or enforceable governmental request, to enforce applicable Terms & Conditions of Service, to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues in connection with the Service, to protect against harm to the rights, property, liability, or safety of us, our users and customers, or the general public, as required or permitted by law.
- Succession: If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, or asset sale, you agree that your personal information may be transferred to such third-party.
If you wish to withdraw your consent of having your personal information used for certain purposes, please contact us. For existing customers, please file a support ticket.
All information you disclose in forum posts, blogs, comments, issue queues, or other public portions of our Service becomes public information. Please be careful with what you choose to disclose publicly.
4. How is the information protected
We maintain appropriate technical and organisational security safeguards designed to protect your personal data against accidental, unlawful or unauthorised destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. However, due to the inherent open nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that communications between you and us or the personal information stored are impenetrably secured. We will notify you of any data breach that is likely to have unfavourable consequences for your privacy according to applicable law.
- Necessary cookies
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not then work. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
- Performance Cookies
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site, and will not be able to monitor its performance.
- Functional Cookies
These cookies enable the website to provide enhanced functionality and personalisation. They may be set by us or by third party providers whose services we have added to our pages. If you do not allow these cookies then some or all of these services may not function properly.
- Targeting Cookies
These cookies may be set through our site by our advertising partners. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant adverts on other sites. They do not store directly personal information, but are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising.
- Social Media Cookies
These cookies are set by a range of social media services that we have added to the site to enable you to share our content with your friends and networks. They are capable of tracking your browser across other sites and building up a profile of your interests. This may impact the content and messages you see on other websites you visit. If you do not allow these cookies you may not be able to use or see these sharing tools.
You can choose to remove or disable cookies via your browser settings.
6. Data retention
We retain personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which we collect or receive the personal data, except if required otherwise by applicable law. Typically, we will retain most of the personal data for the duration of your use of the website, until you have removed your account unless a longer applicable statutory retention period applies.
7. Personalized marketing
We provide opt-out options in all direct marketing emails. Finally, if you do not wish to see personalised marketing content on the web related to our Service, you can clear the cookies in your browser settings.
8. Your rights
You have the following rights with your personal data:
- The right to obtain, at reasonable intervals and free of charge, information on whether or not your personal data are being processed and to receive the personal data that is being processed in an intelligible form;
- The right to request rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of or objection to the processing of your personal data. You may also ask us to provide you with your data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format which can be transmitted to another controller.
To exercise these rights, please contact us using our contact details set out below. We may request you to provide a copy of your ID card or otherwise evidence your identity. We will respond to your request within the applicable statutory term.
Moreover, subject to this Privacy Statement, you have the right to complain to the competent supervisory authority.
10. How to Contact Us
If you have any comments or inquiries about the information in this Privacy Statement, if you would like us to update your personal data, or to exercise your rights, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org